Saturday 19 January 2013

Young BaLoch Soldiers

I stepped towards the stadium , hands in pockets ,wearing  uniform and field cap . I looked at the banner . Big khuzdar stadium board and a football competition banner was there .  The slight sight of football event was vivid . I looked at Major changaiz who had some how agreed to my proposal , but still carried sign on the face . we both entered . one of kalat team player dodged n kicked the football . the kick entirely missed the target . it never got attention of people as most of the spectators  looked at two Army guys standing in uniform , few feet away from side lines watching the match with full attention.It was for few moments n eventually people focused attention on match but still we cud feel eyes on us . Players were good and game was on . The sky was plain n evening was near .Havildar amjad  approached major changaiz and asked for permission “Well yes tell them around , distribute pamphlets” .He saluted and in few moments he had a small circle of young men around . The moment words reached people . few of anxious one started approaching us too . It was a friendly smiling talk . I told smiling group of young men , we are here to disseminate info about the BALOCH recruitment .Its out of routine , we have been allotted seats for recruitments of sepoys and we are trying to desiminate info. They asked Questions , which were answerd .  it was all lighter talk when I realized the circle is growing more n more n may turn disturbing to players and spectators “ well we are out , when u are finished from match come out , get a chit , n know all the procedure” .
 it was moments after ,when that empty road outside khuzdar stadium was crowded with people , smiling , anxious , few passer buys , children , aged ones . I always had a different circle . it was not my duty I had just entered the tour on my own to be part of some thing good and so my group always had chit chats ,
Questions , interactions . From madrassah guys on cycles , to national footballers , to small child carrying english newspaper to anxious young men interacting. My circle grew more . few asked for taking pics together , few asked for numbers , few were given advices , few told abt recruitment process .it was friendly tone that were all over . khuzdar team lost that day to kalat but  not us in our mission . we had disseminated to a lot of people.
While going back I recalled the few days I had been out on this thing . going to each school .meeting students , interacting with teachers , going far off in the villages , sitting across the streams in cave things , interacting with old fellows . standing with children at cricket pitches with all kinds of their talks .i learned many things , made many friends , helped few in their things , saw and came to know of real khuzdar and sorroundings .
The drums beating and loud word of command made me come out of that thinking , those old memories just rushed back to corners pleasantly. I looked at captain faisal commanding the parade and behind him stood those 200 BALOCH recruits whose passing out was being conducted .the ones I had been part of , few months back .i smiled looked at the surroundings arena , all filled with guests , flags , and then force in the middle .  khuzdar was like ever with clear skies n gliding winds . In just few months these civilians , village n city guys , had been moulded to a fine soldiery things and its customs . They stood firm and resolute .Their actions on word of command were terrific and in total resonance with each other. I felt proud . When the pakistani flag came to front and when  each recruit uttered oath on top of voice .When words of faith , country , service and loyalty echoed .i felt sparks inside me . I just looked at my side n there I cud see few officers repeating it silently in hearts with lips moving . it was an emotional burst.i looked at waving FLAG n got too emotional,the march past took place . their zeal was evident , their tone spoke it , their march depicted it . the slogan of Allah o akbar had a total manifestation .
later function wasn’t a concern to me .speeches  amidst had happened which  I didn't care that much yet I just listened .The real thing had happened.

On going out  from the seating place, I looked at the young BALOCH soldiers , smiling , proud n confident , standing in stiffed uniform with their family members  aside.  .  few among them that I had interaction looked at me , smiled . we had celebrations together few nights ago . I smiled back and returned the  salute .

200  men that day earned a future , out of their common life they chose to make a destiny .Their worthy decision to hold this green flag and serve nation gave them the realization of their identity and opportunity to prove their selves . Such like men are still there , few as a nomad , few in universities , colleges , schools , out in market , out spending a common man lives .The area holds opportunities , people have talent , life , big hearts , smiling notes , energies , aspirations yet talents is not being translated out . money is going to looters , few separatist orgs coercing their thoughts with tools of fear , terror, tricks and propaganda. I wish these few understand that coercing their thoughts such is  unethical , their actions not approvable by religion and damaging to young men in particular, to common man and to society . I wish one day wen I move out , I see every common man educated , enlightened and prosperous . I wish I see in their eyes the same sparks , same smiles , same determination to be a good part of society as I saw in the BALOCH soldiers that day. I hope to see a far better environment and radiant tomorrow .i hope to see it one day and  to tell you , those young BALOCH SOLDIERS are a good part of that prosperous , gleaming tomorrow and shall ever b inshallah

No comments:

Post a Comment